The ICD Guide to Challenging Disorganization
For Professional Organizers
The ICD Guide to Challenging Disorganization: For Professional Organizers is a ground-breaking book in the field of organization. It is the first book to comprehensively examine chronic disorganization in the context of physical and mental health conditions. Published by the Institute for Challenging Disorganization (ICD)—the premier resource on chronic disorganization—this book presents a collection of educational materials by experienced professional organizers and related professionals on the subjects of AD/HD, depression and anxiety, compulsive buying and hoarding, Asperger’s, downsizing, relocating seniors, grief, learning disabilities, physical challenges, traumatic brain injury, learning styles, goal setting, time management and much more. After reading this book, you will be able to:
1. Identify conditions that may occur alongside disorganization.
2. Learn strategies for helping clients with these conditions to get organized.
3. Understand what a professional organizer’s role is and is not.
4. Recognize situations where one’s personal safety is at risk.
5. Explore additional services to add to one’s organizing business.
6. Prepare for ICD credentialing.
This book is a must-have guide for any professional organizer working with clients who struggle with challenging disorganization.